Tuesday, January 14, 2020

My Learning From Painting A Wall Mural For The FIRST TIME!

It has been an AMAZING experience painting a Wall Mural.. Ahh! Finally.. I told myself..
Let's do this..

BUT.. if you just dived into it, then you are sure to DROWN! Here is my experience so far with this.. and I hope you keep these things into mind.. when you plan your own!!

1. PREPARE the wall !!!
Yes.. Don't just jump in.. prepare the wall, incase it has any cracks or moulds.. so that what your HARD work isn't short lived!!


2. THINK AND PLAN
Planning is one of the most time consuming and crucial part of any composition and project that you take up! And its important that we spend enough time to figure out what it is that we are about to embark on!

How BIG or SMALL.. What colors, what different shapes and sizes.. Think and Plan and think again! Trust me.. It will SAVE you so much time later!!!

3. Get the RIGHT materials.
I used PEBEO studio Acrylics for this, which had been lying around for some time now, however I felt that I needed something better. I know Artist grade would be expensive, so I might explore something else like Brustro Acrylics or something. I am still not sure. But I know student grade won't be much helpful!
Also make sure its maufacturing date isn't very old..

Another important thing is the BRUSH. If you are going for those detailed strokes, like I do, then you definitely need something which is pointy at the end and yet not long. I mean not like a dagger brush, but more like a flat brush with a point. Check out the image below!




3. TRIAL before the REAL thing.
Since this is your first time.. Give time to understanding HOW this works.. you can even COPY the way some others have done this.. to understand what is more comfortable for you.

Choose a wall, in your home, on which you can FREELY play on! You NEVER know.. you might discover something.. which you didn't know YOU had :)

4. For the FIRST time.. Don't choose a difficult subject
I think this is something I did wrong.. I chose a very complex composition.. and although I am getting a hang of it (infact getting ADDICTED) I feel I could have chosen something more SIMPLE!
But now that I have started it.. I will complete it NO MATTER WHAT!

Check out the link to my time lapse video, on HOW I painted a PEONE on the wall.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everything about "The Creative's Course" by Niharika

  ENROLL FOR THE COURSE HERE! The Creative's Course by Niharika is a place for you to Learn, Grow and Thrive! What is The Creative's...